Monday, October 29, 2012

Doing Your Best

27 Days to a Healthy Body Image: Day 23

Have you missed me?  When I last wrote on Thursday I was coming down with a cold.  Add a lack of forethought on Thursday afternoon (tearing down a wall without a dust mask) and I was flat on my back with an asthma attack all weekend.

Isn't life like that?  My goal to write everyday but Sunday was thwarted by an unexpected and unplanned illness.  My plan to finish the Tough Mudder with glory left me humbled in the medic tent.  The intended compliment was not taken as such.

"Best effort" is a fickle mistress.  One day best effort is up with the clouds.  The next shattered back to earth.

But then again, isn't is awesome that "your best" is about only you!  No comparisons with neighbors, friends and relatives.  "Your best" is about you and you alone; what you were able to do with the cards that you were delt that day.
Photo by lawrencechua

Even champion poker players are delt bad hands.  You do your best, fold if necessary and move on to the next hand-- no regretts!

No beating yourself up for the weekend slip up in healthy eating.  No regretting the missed workout.   Learn and move on.

Today, do your best with the cards you were given.

No comments:

Post a Comment