Monday, November 19, 2012

Grandma Drew's Pecan Pie

This pecan recipe comes straight from Louisiana.  I am asked what makes this recipe dark, rich and oh so addicting  -- a handful of chocolate chips (semi sweet).  Unexpected, I know, but oh so good!

Grandma Drew's Pecan Pie
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1 prepared pie crust

Dump the chocolate chips and the pecans in the bottom of the pie crust.

Combine the corn syrups, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.  Pour over the pecans and chocolate chips in the crust.

Bake at 325 for 55 minutes.  The center should spring back when touched lightly.  Food scientists say the internal temperature should be 200 degrees-- I know I always test the temperature of my pecan pie????

Happy Pie Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment