Monday, May 6, 2013

A Bridal Cupcake Creation

I have been up to my elbows in cupcakes this week.  I saw on facebook an adroable picutre of a wedding dress cupcake creation, and I had to duplicate it!  I had a good excuse... a bridal shower.  Reverse that order.  I threw a bridal shower (with an amazing friend) because I saw this adorable picture and needed an excuse to bake cupcakes.

That said, I ate way too many cupcakes last week.  But boy were they good.  And here is what the wedding dress creation looked like. (feel free to post compliments... yes I am amazing, thank you!)


Now for the recipes.  Honorable mentions go to Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes (divinely dangerous and ridiculously easy to duplicate) and Chocolate Stuffed Red Velvet Cupcakes (I could never get the stuffing to stay in the middle... it always coated the bottom of the cupcake-- still delicious-- and I loved the methodology used in making the cupcakes).  I adored Sonya's Cookie Dough and Orange Blossom cupcakes too. (I"ll link to the recipes when I find them...)

This recipe comes from a friend.  It has always turned out beautifully whether I used it as cupcakes or baked it as a cake.  My favorite frosting to pair with it is an egg white fluff frosting.  Its shine was perfect for making a wedding dress texture, and the subtly sweet flavor didn't compete with the chocolate.

Double Chocolate Cupcakes
1 devils food cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup water
1/2 vegetable oil
4 eggs
8 oz sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips
Combine ingredients.  Bake at 350 for 18 minutes.

Fluffy Puffy Frosting
1 cup granulated sugar
1 chilled egg white (can used dehydrated egg white if desired)
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer.  Beat on high for about 7 minutes or until medium-stiff peaks form.  Stop beating before the frosting looses its sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment