Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Taco Seasoning

I hate reading labels and not knowing what things are on the ingredient list.  I have been trying to eat so clean, it is frustrating to feel set back but what I don't know.  So I make my own seasoning mixes.  This one is a FAVORITE.  Really.  I make it en-masse... a couple cups at a time-- this is the paired down recipe.  If you like it, I'll post the expanded version.  It is that popular.  I use it to season my taco meat, make my taco soup, and even flavor my sweet potato chips and baked sweet potato with it.  It is a staple at my house.

I like to combine sweet and smoked paprika to get a smokey, good flavor.  If you don't have smoked paprika, don't sweat it, just use regular paprika and it will still taste great.  Not sure if you will like smoked paprika, come over and smell it... you won't regret it.  For full disclosure, I adapted this recipe from Against All Grains.

Taco Seasoning
2 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons cumin
1 Tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons coriander
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment