Monday, April 22, 2013

Best Homemade BBQ Sauce Ever

And I know, because I have had too many failures to count!!!!!  I found this recipe and was amazed at the quality and the thickness of the end product.  It has a slightly fruity quality that I adored.  My family isn't huge on the smokey flavor, so I didn't use any.  If you love smoke, add 1 teaspoon liquid smoke to the ingredients.

Best BBQ Sauce-- (like K.C. Masterpiece...)
2 cups water
3/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup vinager
3 Tablespoons molasses
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika (in a pinch use chili powder)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredient in a small sauce pan.  Cook over medium heat until boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occationally, for 20-40 minutes or until reduced by half and thick.

Cool.  Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment