Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring Salad Surprise

Why the surprise?  This is my favorite salad of all time and I haven't posted it yet!?!  How could I do this to you?  My kids BEG for this salad.  I love the dressing on any fruity salad.  I have cut the sugar down some from the original recipe-- Feel free to cut the sugar down some more if you like.  Here you go...
photo credit: Plat via photopin cc

Strawberry Spinach Salad
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1/4 red onion, wedged
12 oz spinach
 Toss together.  Dress with a Lemon Poppy Seed dressing just before serving.

Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon poppy seeds

Whisk together until well combined.


3 comments:

  1. Now I don't have to call you every other month and beg for the recipe. Thanks! (I'll call for other things...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made this salad last night. It was delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete