Friday, May 16, 2014

Menu Ideas

Steak & Potato Salad
I've had a couple friends say, how can you do this?  What do you eat?  Easy answer... Food.  But really they are asking what is my menu like.  How have I incorporated my "clean," "free" food into my family's lifestyle without causing immense pain for everyone involved.

So this what works for me.  My kids eat cereal and sandwiches and typical "american" food for breakfast and lunch and snacks.  Dinner we eat my style.  Yeah they like pasta, and I won't lie.  Pasta is a quick meal for the family.  If we are going to eat pasta for a dinner they eat it and I serve the "good for you" sauce separately for me.  They like dinner.  I eat food that is good for me.  Win Win.

Most of the time, I can cook a dinner without having to cook two meals.  I simply have to be smart about not combining ingredients, and cooking/serving some things separately.  If I am cooking Chinese food, I keep the rice on the side and I just eat the chicken and veggie stir fry with the yummy good for my body sauce.

Ready to check this out? Here we go...



Now honestly, I don’t eat with this much variety.  I almost always eat eggs and bacon for breakfast.  You might like more variety though so here are things that I toss in when I want a little change.

If you want more information about how I incorporate healthy fats and snacks, check out this post.

In the next few days I will link up my recipes to this menu.  Happy Eating and thanks for your patience as I type everything in.

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Eggs & Bacon
Lunch Meat Lettuce Wrap
Asian Lettuce Wraps & Egg Rolls
Coconut Porridge
Hard Boiled Eggs
Tacos (Salad for me)
Pumpkin Pancakes
Tomato Soup
Malibu Chicken with roasted peppers & onions
Fruit & Veggie Smoothie
Sweet Potato Fries
Meatball Subs*

Leftovers

Caribbean Pork Roast

Japanese Curry


Coconut Curry


Sausage Peppers Penne*


No comments:

Post a Comment