Thursday, January 30, 2014

Margarita Chicken Wraps with Pineapple Salsa

I've been a little down recently.  I've had food failure after food failure.  I knew how to cook at one time, but my doctor had me switch up my diet to try to fix some health problems (read more about that here) and it has been like I am learning to cook all over again.

Fortunately, success is coming more often!!  I am feeling tremendously better-- especially when a recipe turns out.

Margarita Chicken wraps was a fusion between my craving for pineapple salsa and my daughter's request for lime chicken.  I've made the Margarita Chicken before for my divine Southwest Chicken Salad so you might remember it.  All  you do is chop the Margarita Chicken in small pieces, and load both the chicken and the pineapple salsa in a lettuce leaf and eat away.  Sweet, salty and sour in one mouthful.  YUMM!


Margarita Chicken Tequila Lime and Salt flavor this chicken (minus the tequila at my house...)
2 chicken breast halves
1/4 cup lime juice (lemon works well too)
2 Tablespoons salt
Splash of Tequila (optional)

Place the chicken breast on a cutting board.  Hold the chicken with one hand and slice the chicken horizontally to make thin breast pieces.  Toss the 4 breast pieces in a zip bag with the lime, salt and tequila.  Marinate in the refrigerator for 1/2 an hour.

Grill the chicken over medium high heat 10 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear.  Allow the chicken to sit for 10 minutes.  For the Chopped Chicken Salad, slice the chicken to cubes.  For the Lettuce wraps, I like the chicken finely chopped.



Pineapple Salsa

2 cups fresh chopped pineapple
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon lime juice (lemon will work in a pinch)
cilantro, salt, pepper, to taste

Mix all the ingredients and allow flavors to mix for 15 minutes before serving.

*** I tried this salsa the other day with ham wrapped up in lettuce and it was amazing too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment