Monday, June 10, 2013

Chineese BBQ Sauce

I'm Back!  It has been a crazy, fun filled few weeks at my house.  No, at the grandparents' house. And our house.  Well Both!

Quick Recap:  Bought a van, visited Draper temple, Drove to Gig Harbor, Played on Anderson Island, Played with cousins, played with uncles and aunts and grandparents and random non-relatives, Drove home, Visited Logan (temple for a nephew's endowment and with friends), and yesterday Drove to Cedar Fort to celebrate National Ice Cream and Doughnut Day with almost-cousins.

And now I am home for a week!  (I plan on driving as little as possible!) We love family.  We love home.  I love sleep.  More importantly, I love the Chinese BBQ sauce I was introduced to at Nana's house.

No, really it was AMAZING!  I would eat it off a spoon, and on a hot dog, and on some ribs, and on some grilled pineapple and on some well, I might just eat it with everything this summer!

Be warned, this makes a LARGE batch.  Half of the recipe is more than enough to marinate and cook a 9x13 tray of chicken.  I might just double the batch then seal it in jars for later use.

Chinese BBQ Sauce
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup hoisin sauce
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dry sherry
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 cup red current jelly (substitute with any tart red jelly)

Combine ingredients in a large sauce pan.  Cook over medium high heat until reduced and thick, 10-12 minutes.  Serve with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment