Monday, December 10, 2012

Mint Chocolate Protein Cocoa

Snow has been flurrying this morning, draping the house and yard in festive white-- which makes me feel like it really is December!!!  But [here comes a first world problem]  my protein smoothie is too cold to enjoy in the freezing weather.  You know the problem.  Hot at the gym.  Drive home in a freezing car (my heater doesn't like to work in the winter...).  Run inside and finally get warm only to drink a frozen shake and feel chilled again.

What I really wanted today after my chilly drive home was some hot cocoa.  But I needed some protein to compensate for the weight lifting I did today.  Solution:  Turn my vanilla protein powder into Hot Cocoa.  It was pretty darn good too for only 15 grams of carbohydrates and no sugar added.

Mint Chocolate Protein Cocoa
1 cup warm milk
            (I microwaved mine for
             1 minute 30 seconds on high)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp peppermint extract

Mix together the vanilla protein powder and the unsweetened cocoa powder in a small bowl.  Smooth out any cocoa chunks.  Stir into hot milk.  Add Peppermint extract for a touch of minty cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment