Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Overweight and Ready for Change


I had picked up casual running and swimming in college, but marriage and 4 kids had me swamped and I ate my stress away. I ballooned up to 207-- a ton of weight to carry on a 5'2” frame. 
Christmas 2007, I maxed out at 207 lbs.
 When a friend decided to run a half marathon, I thought I can do that. I picked a race, a full marathon, and began to train. A Sprained ankle didn't stop me. I recovered and resumed training. I loved the quiet of the a 4 hour Saturday run, alone with my thoughts, running through breathtaking mountain valley scenery. Running helped me eat better; running burned calories. I lost some weight – down to the 190's by race time. I finished my battle with the Top of Utah 2008 marathon in 7 hours 25 minutes. And that was running most of the way. The walkers passed me and cheered me on. But I finished.
Finish complete with my cheering section!





No comments:

Post a Comment